Obtaining public-private key pairs for use with the Confidencial SDK
This page describes how to obtain public-private key pairs, which allow you to execute Confidencial decryption actions using the Software Development Kit (SDK). To decrypt a file using the SDK, at least one public-private key pair is required. The specific key pairs that are capable of decrypting a file depend on the policy used to encrypt the file. Encryption policy details, including which keys can be used to decrypt a file are contained within the metadata of a protected file.
- Open the Confidencial Desktop App or go to my.confidencial.io and log in if you haven’t done so already
- Click Key Management under the Advanced section of the left sidebar menu
- Your keys are listed in the main panel. For each key pair that you wish to use with the SDK:
- Copy the public key hash and store it in a location that you can access from your code
- Click View Private Key and copy the private key, as it is presented in PEM format, and store it in a location that you can access from your code
Private keys permit the decryption of files. They should be stored in a secure location!