Sending secure messages with Confidencial
Let’s say you are Alice, a Confidencial user that wants to send a password to your coworker, Bob, who is not a Confidencial user. This tutorial walks you through how to do this.
See Viewing secure messages with Confidencial for a tutorial on what Bob does once he receives the message
- In the text input on the Encryption Tools page, enter the password you want to send to Bob
- Enter Bob’s email address in the recipient adder
- Since Bob isn’t an existing Confidencial user, invite him to join by clicking Send Invite to…
- Now that you’ve invited Bob to join, click on his email in the recipient adder to add him to your protected message
- Bob now appears, along with you, in the list of recipients for the message
The recipients list determines who can view protected content. You are automatically added as a recipient of any message or file you encrypt, so you will always be able to decrypt any message or file you protect.
- Click Encrypt
- This produces an encrypted message that you can now send to Bob. Click Copy to Clipboard.
- You can now paste the encrypted message into your preferred messaging tool. In this example, we will use Slack.