Adding members to an organization
If your organization uses a third-party identity provider (IDP):
- Users are added to the organization via your IDP “on the fly” (at the time of their first login)
- However, you may still “pre-load” users, generating their encryption keys before their first login; follow the instructions here
If your organization does NOT use a third-party IDP:
- To add members to your organization, follow the instructions here
When you use this method to add a member to an organization that does not host its own Confidencial Key Server (CKS), a temporary key pair is generated for their account so users can immediately encrypt content for them. This temporary key is stored in Confidencial’s secure key server. Once the invited user registers their account, they will generate a more secure split key. All subsequent encryptions for them will use the split key. In organizations that host their own CKS, temporary key pairs are stored in the organization’s CKS.
- Once logged in to the desktop or web app, click Members under Organization Admin in the sidebar menu
- Click Add Member
- Enter the email addresses of the members you wish to add. You may enter email addresses manually or load a list of email addresses from a CSV file (one email address per line).
- Click Send Invites
- If you do not see Send Invites but instead see Add Members and Generate Keys, then you are using a third-party IDP. To pre-load members, follow the instructions here.
The added members will now receive invitation emails