Creating a Confidencial individual account
These instructions show you how to create an individual account with Confidencial. Individual accounts should be used by individuals for personal use and small teams that do not have a Confidencial organization. Employees at companies with Confidencial organizations should use organization accounts. Organization accounts are typically created and administered by an IT administrator within the company.
There are two primary ways to create an individual account with Confidencial. You can register an account by accepting an invitation from another Confidencial user or you can create an account without an invitation.
Accepting an invitation to create a Confidencial individual accountCreating a Confidencial individual account without an invitation
- If you have received an invitation to join Confidencial with an individual account, you will receive an email with a link to start the registration process. Click Click here to get started to start account registration.
- After you click the registration link, enter a password and click Continue to create a dedicated Confidencial account or click Continue with Google or Continue with Microsoft to create an account based on an existing Google or Microsoft account, respectively
- If prompted, provide consent to Confidencial to access certain information from your Google or Microsoft account. Confidencial requires information such as your email address and name to allow other users to find you and encrypt information for you.
- Go to my.confidencial.io
- Click Sign Up
- Enter your email address and create a password and click Continue to create a dedicated Confidencial account or click Continue with Google or Continue with Microsoft to create an account based on an existing Google or Microsoft account, respectively
- Depending on how you chose to create an account, you may be asked to verify your email. If you are asked to verify your email, you will receive a verification email. Follow the instructions in that email to continue creating your account.